Cloudpermit provides building departments the ability to configure various functionalities according to their liking. For example, building departments can configure which attachment types they accept as part of building permit applications. This is helpful for the following two reasons:
- Cloudpermit gives building department the ability to configure which attachment types can be used for different types of applications.
- Cloudpermit gives building department the ability to accept additional attachment types. More specifically, while building departments identify required attachments, Cloudpermit gives building departments the flexibility to accept additional attachments in conjunction with required attachments.
This article explains how building departments can configure Cloudpermit's attachment types functionality. Please note, to be able to configure the attachment types, you must have administrator rights.
How To Configure Attachment Types on Cloudpermit
- Log into Cloudpermit at ca.cloudpermit.com
- Click your name at the top right of the page, as can be seen by the image below.
- Click Configuration from the drop-down menu. The Configuration button is circled in red on the image below.
- Scroll down to the Attachment types tile, which is displayed on the image below.
- Any of the attachment types checked off under selected attachment types will be available selections for applicants. In addition, all of the enabled attachments types in this section determine which attachments can be configured as required attachments for specific applications.
- To enable/disable a specific attachment type simply check on/off the attachment type. When you are finished, save your work by clicking the save button located at the bottom right of the attachment types tile. The save button is circled in red on the image below.
- For reference, when you configure the attachment types, applicants will be able to select the enabled attachment types under the attachments tile of their applications. More specifically, when applicants or other parties of the application add an attachment to their applications, they will be able to identify it on the Type drop-down. An image is included below for reference.